Roger Dubuis Watches

Originally founded as an independent brand in 1995 by Carlos Dias and Roger Dubuis, the eponymous brand was always intent on delivering unique watch cases, high-tech style, and daring materials. Purchased by the Richemont Group in 2008,  Roger Dubuis continues on its ethos but raising the bar even higher – often creating unique pieces. Top collections today include watches that stem from partnerships with Pirelli and Lamborghini, among others, and include distinctive lines such as the Excalibur.

107 watches found Loading

History of Roger Dubuis

Roger Dubuis, the company, was founded in 1995 by Roger Dubuis, a gifted master watchmaker, and Carlos Dias, a businessman and talented designer. The year marked the launch of their first collections. By 1999 Roger Dubuis designed and manufactured its first in-house movements, all bearing the prestigious Poinçon de Genève.

The year 2001 marked the build of the impressive Manufacture on the outskirts of Geneva, in Meyrin. The Manufacture is a striking building featuring glass walls housing state-of-the-art watchmaking facilities inside. The iconic Excalibur collection was launched in 2005, featuring an exclusive double tourbillon skeleton movement (RD01SQ). By 2006 the brand had developed 28 proprietary calibers, all with the Poincon de Genève (Geneva Seal).

2008 marked a new chapter in Roger Dubuis’s history, as it was acquired in part by the Richemont group. The Richemont Group purchased 60% of the company, and in 2016, the remaining 40%.

Today, Roger Dubuis is a fully integrated Manufacture that specializes in innovation and creativity. Their limited edition collections feature High Complications encased in groundbreaking choice of materials, with 33 exclusive in-house mechanical calibers developed since the brand’s creation. One of the pioneers in skeletonization, Roger Dubuis, is an important player in Hyper Horology.

Poinçon de Genève

All Roger Dubuis movements fullfill the stringent conditions of the Geneva Seal, Poinçon de Genève. In addition, they are also submitted to the COSC certification, the official Swiss chronometer testing institute, for testing. Roger Dubuis is the only watchmaker to stamp all their watches with the Poinçon de Genève.

Roger Dubuis: The Man

Roger Dubuis was a talented Master Watchmaker. He started his career at Longines in the late 1950s, working in the after-sales department repairing chronographs. From there, he moved to Patek Philippe, where he stayed for almost 20 years in the complications department. He built a reputation for himself for constructing complicated watch movements, specializing in perpetual calendars and minute repeaters. He set up his workshop in the 1980s, but it was a chance encounter with businessman Carlos Dias that started Roger Dubuis, the brand. Roger Dubuis and Carlos Dias founded the Société Genevoise des Montres, later renamed Manufacture Roger Dubuis in 1995. Roger Dubuis passed away on October 14th, 2017, at the age of 79.

Who Owns Roger Dubuis?

Today, the Roger Dubuis brand is owned by the Richemont Group who also owns iconic brands such as Cartier and Jaeger- LeCoultre. They produce an estimated 4,000 timepieces per year.

Fun Fact

Roger Dubuis partners two great references in motorsport. Visionary engineers of Pirelli and Lamborghini Squadra Corse and incredible watchmakers of Roger Dubuis work side by side in 2017 to create magnificent new timepieces – Excalibur Aventador S and Excalibur Spider Pirelli.

Roger Dubuis Collections

  • Excalibur

  • Excalibur Spider

  • Velvet

  • Hyper Watches

  • Knights of the Round Table