Since 2016, CODE41 has been inviting mechanical watch lovers on a unique adventure that allows them to participate in creating a piece of Fine Watchmaking.
The CODE41 X41 Project
CODE41 first introduced the X41 automatic watch in March 2019 after 12 months of development in close collaboration with the members of the CODE41 community. The community comprises 1000s of members who all had the chance to participate each step of the way. They were asked to give their opinions and vote on various photos and videos of the X41 in the making. CODE41 then integrated the most popular choices. A real treat for a watch lover to be fully immersed in the watch-making process!
The launch of the first pre-orders in March 2019, bringing together the Creator Edition and Edition 2, marked both the first crowdfunding campaign and the first community-created watch in the history of Fine Watchmaking. By the end of the campaign, 700 pieces were pre-ordered in just 30 days, for a total of almost 3 million Swiss francs.
Find Your Watch
Over 150 watch brands' new collections.
Audemars Piguet, Rolex, Patek Philippe and more.
The following editions were just as successful, with the November 2019 edition selling 450 pieces for 2,599,616 CHF and the July 2020 edition selling 500 timepieces for a total of 3,0313,996 CHF. CODE41 knew they were onto something; the project of a manufacture timepiece was exactly what their community was looking for.
CODE41 X41 Edition 5: Characteristics and New Features
The CODE41 X41 Edition 5 is available for pre-order starting today, the 23rd of June, until the 15th of July, 2021, with prices starting from 5,443€. There are six different versions: Titanium Gray, Titanium Blue, Titanium Black, Aerocarbon Black, Aerocarbon Gray, and Aerocarbon Blue. All of the versions are fitted with a mechanical movement designed, produced, and assembled entirely by hand in Switzerland. So it’s a unique opportunity for fans of fine mechanical watches to own a high-end model at a very attractive price.
In relation to previous X41 editions, there are a few new features:
- All of the Edition 5 models are now water-resistant to 10 ATMs (100m) instead of the previous 5 ATMs.
- You now have the choice of grade 5 titanium for the titanium models, which replaces the grade 2 used for the previous editions. Grade 5 titanium is a material that is twice as light as steel with increased durability and higher resistance to scratches.
- CODE41 has added two new colors for the AeroCarbon models, blue and gray. Aero Carbon is commonly used in the aeronautics industry. It is a very dense material noteworthy for its resistance (2.5x more resistant to bending than steel), its lightness (2x lighter than titanium and 4x more lightweight than steel), and its water-resistance (100M without a chamber).
- 90% of the components in the X41 come from Switzerland (versus the minimum of 60% required for the Swiss Made label).
- For each collection, we define the quantity per batch according to our suppliers’ monthly production capacity. In the case of the X41, it will be 150 pieces per month. Once the first batch is sold out, a new batch is opened up with a delivery date a month later than the previous.
The CODE41 X41 EDITION 5: What you need to know
- Pre-orders open: June 23, 2021, 3pm CET
- End of pre-orders: July 15, 2021, 3pm CET
- Delivery: Beginning March/April 2022
- Price: Starting from 5,443€ – 5,393 CHF – 5,443 USD – 4,995 GBP
- Number of pieces: 3 batches of 150 watches
- Payment method: Payment in 6 installments at no additional cost