June 9, 2021
Seastrong Diver Gyre Automatic
- Central Seconds
- Water resistance 300m/30 bar
- The case is made up of 70% plastic debris from ghost fishing nets collected in the Indian Ocean
- The strap is an eco-responsible NATO-type made from recycled plastic bottles
- An additional strap made from "apple leather" is provided - the first of the "vegetable leathers"
- The watchbox is made from recycled plastic and FSC certified paper and rPET fabric
The story of Alpina began in 1883 when Gottlieb Hauser founded the Alpina Swiss Watchmakers Corporation, uniting the leading Swiss independent watchmakers who became known as the “Alpinists.” The Union had its headquarters in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland, as one of its most prominent members had his movement factory there. By 1900 the Alpina Union Horlogère is participating in the Universal Exposition in Paris, and the name “Alpina” is registered for their calibers the following year. 1908 marks the 25th anniversary of Alpina, at which point Alpina registers as a brand name for wristwatches. By 1920 Alpina watches are sold by over 2000 dealers throughout Europe.