History of TUDOR
The house of “Veuve de Philippe Hüther” registered the trademark “The TUDOR” for Hans Wilsdorf in February 1926. Tudor released its first watches in 1932, exclusively available in the Australian market. The watches bore the TUDOR name on the dial, with the horizontal bar of the T lengthened above the other letters. The name Rolex even appears on some very rare pieces.
On the 15th of October 1936, the house of “Veuve de Philippe Hüther” turned over the brand “The TUDOR” to Hans Wilsdorf.
Shortly after the Second World War, Hans Wilsdorf felt that the time had come to expand and give the brand a real identity of its own. So on the 6th of March 1946, he created the “Montres TUDOR S.A.” company, producing timepieces for both men and women. His other company, Rolex, would guarantee the technical, aesthetic, and functional features, along with the distribution and after-sales service. TUDOR launched its first advertisements in 1948. The ads clearly associated TUDOR with Rolex, both in the text and the logo.